LEARN is a family-focused company, and the health and safety of your family and our team members has always been our highest priority. Given the spread of the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, we want to be clear about measures LEARN has long had in place, as well as additional safeguards we have recently enacted, to prevent the spread of contagious diseases.
Because we work in close proximity to clients, we previously enacted the following measures:
• Our existing client service agreement has been designed in part to reduce the spread of contagious diseases. Specifically, we ask that you notify us and cancel a session if your child has a runny nose, cough, sneezing, vomiting, and fever—symptoms that are characteristic of many viruses, including COVID-19.
• Our team members are equally attentive to their own health and are trained to cancel sessions if they exhibit any of the above symptoms of a contagious disease.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have enacted the following additional safeguards:
• We have established a dedicated hotline for our team members to report if they have traveled outside of the United States in the past three weeks or plan to do so in the foreseeable future. Correspondingly, we developed protocols for determining if and when any team member who travels abroad can return to treating clients (based on guidance set forth by the CDC).
• We instructed all team members to adopt the preventive actions published by the CDC to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 and other contagious diseases.
• We encourage you to visit www.coronavirus.gov so that you and your family members can learn and adopt the preventive measures.
Also, if you, your child, or a household member has recently traveled abroad, or has plans to do so, it is important that you contact your clinical director so that we can determine if a temporary 14-day suspension of services is warranted.
LEARN’s leadership team is monitoring the latest information about COVID-19 each day, while paying strict attention to the guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as other national, state and local health agencies. As needed, we will update families, team members and others about our response to the outbreak, possibly including a disruption to your service.
Michael Maloney, CEO, LEARN Behavioral
If you would like a PDF copy of this announcement:
For more information on the additional safeguards we have enacted, please visit www.learnbehavioral.com.