Become an Behavior Technician
Behavior Technicians love working with children and teach positive, learned skills through techniques that may include but are not limited to: reinforcement systems, incidental teaching, and discrete trial instruction.
As a Behavior Technician, you’ll work one-to-one with clients under the supervision of a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). You’ll implement a specific treatment plan that addresses the child’s behavioral management, activities of daily living, social skills, and community skills. You’ll work in a variety of environments including a center, the child’s home, and out in the community. Behavior Technicians are expected to travel up to an hour from headquarters to provide these services.
BCI provides extensive pre-service training.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license
- Your own reliable transportation
- Employee may be expected to travel up to (1) hour from headquarters to provide services to clients
- With training, performs appropriate physical management as needed to ensure client safety
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with colleagues and supervisors
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Communicates well in both verbal and written forms
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university – preferred (specific experience when applicable may be substituted) – preferred but not necessary
- Experience with individuals with autism spectrum disorder and developmental disabilities – preferred
Career Path Development through Bay Path University
At BCI, we believe in providing our employees with opportunities for growth. We are pleased to offer qualified employees the ability to earn a Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis through Bay Path University. For those accepted into the program, BCI provides tuition support.
Classes are taught at BCI’s offices and online, and we fully support your education, including flexible schedules and opportunities to put into practice what you’re learning in the classroom.
Visit our Job Listings for current position availability.